Sponsor a Challenge
In 2011 we showcased six CRACK IT Challenges, invested £3.5 million and connected 19 organisations from five sectors in five new projects. In 2012 we had five new Challenges, co-funding from the Medical Research Council and the Technology Strategy Board and a total budget of £3.75 million. 10 phase 1 studies have been awarded and the Mini Challenge is underway.
Have you a challenge related to the use of animals in your research area? CRACK IT could help you solve this by funding research and development and providing access to scientists from a wide range of disciplines.
CRACK IT Challenges are developed in two ways:
1. Via an open call for challenge proposals from the scientific and business community.
2. To support ongoing NC3Rs programmes or other areas where a strategic alignment may be beneficial.
If you have an idea for a 3Rs CRACK IT Challenge and would be willing to provide in-kind contributions such as data, compounds or equipment please get in touch with the CRACK IT team. Ideas from the academic and industrial sectors are welcome. Challenge proposals will be evaluated on their suitability according to the criteria described below.
Criteria: Proposals for challenges must include ideas that will either improve business processes or lead to new marketable products. The 3Rs benefit of solving the challenge must be clear.
Eligibility: Challenges can come from industry or academia. As a CRACK IT Challenge sponsor you must be able to provide in-kind contributions to support your challenge. Contributions can range from compound libraries and in vivo studies for validation of prototypes to co-funding. See current Challenges for examples of in-kind contributions.
Schemes available: CRACK IT includes two challenge-led schemes, CRACK IT Challenges and CRACK IT Mini Challenges. We will advise on which scheme your proposal fits under. Both schemes include funding from the NC3Rs and in-kind contributions from sponsors. Click here for more information on the schemes.
Support: The CRACK IT team provides a range of support from defining your Challenge so that it engages the global ‘3Rs brain’ to publicity to connect diverse ‘crackers’ with expertise in the biosciences, chemistry, mathematics and engineering. CRACK IT gives you the chance to shape technologies and products in development to meet your needs as the end-user. Register with the CRACK IT website to join our expanding CRACK IT community and have an impact on science, business and the 3Rs.
- The deadline for new challenge proposals was 15 April 2013, if you have an idea for the next round in 2014 then please get in touch.
- Take a look at the challenges funded in the 2011 and 2012 competitions
- Read the Guide for Participants documents from the 2012 competition
- Contact the CRACK IT team at email@example.com or 020 7611 2233
- Submit your challenge through the form on the CRACK IT website